Our church works along side a team of social workers called CASA Grace, based in Oradea, Romania. Together with CASA we run multiple projects to help bring the people Oradea out of poverty. These include:
- Running Summer camps for children and young adults
- Fitting water fixtures and electricity into homes
- Delivering Christmas shoe boxes
- Giving out Humanitarian aid
- Providing family prayer and support
- And much more...
Every summer, a team from our church organise and run an exciting camp to reach the hearts of the poor children in Oradea. Our mission it to see these Romanian Children heart's brought to life by the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
Having started over 10 years ago, in 2005, God had new and improved plans for 2015 and 2016. He told us we were to run not only one camp, but two camps! The first week was aimed at children aged 5-12, while the second week focused on Young Adults aged between 13 to 19.
These mission trips don't just rely on the team that is sent out to Romania but on the church as a whole body. Our mission teams receive full and whole-hearted support from the faithful members of Keynsham Elim and others too. This is the reason our mission trips are possible and why they so successful in seeing hearts won and changed for the Lord.
To run the camp each year we have to raise around £18,000. This is to enable: all 90 children to attend the camp including their accommodation, travel, food, activities and gifts.
The team that goes to Romania to run the camp are all volunteers and they pay for their own fees to get there and their accommodation. In addition to this they also fund raise to help towards the cost of the camp. It's not just money these volunteers give but their time, many of whom take two weeks holiday from work to go, so we are extremely thankful for their whole-hearted commitment to the cause.
How to give?
This summer we are running another summer camp from Saturday 12th - 26th August 2017 and we need you help to make it happen. The cost of the camp this year has risen due to inflation so we need to raise more than ever to enable these children and young adults to attend the camp. Here are a few ways you can give:
- By coming to the up and coming events - The Big Annual Charity Quiz Night and The Ladies Pamper Evening - both hugely successful and popular so book your spaces!
- By sponsoring the team members in this year's challenge - Climbing The 3 Highest Peaks in 3 Days.
- By our our team fundraising page https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/keynshamelimro...
- Or by giving a donation in the offering basket in an enveloped marked 'Romania Camp Project 2017'.
How to support?
We also need non-financial support, such as:
- Clothes donations
- Toiletry donations
- Craft donations
- Sports equipment donations
- Help with boxing up
- Sorting gifts
- and many more...
There is something for everyone to get involved in, if you feel lead. The reward is seeing the smile on the children's face when they know someone out there cares for them!
You can help make this year's camp even more successful than ever before, please Donate Now or contact us by going to our Contact page and leaving a message today. One of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Watch this video from our 2016 mission below to see what we do!